A Time to Remember

The day we first met
Skepticism in your glance
Nervousness in my heart

Shadows dancing in the evening glass

The first look
With me in white
A glance and
you were hooked

Your words
Dipped in honesty
Laced with courage
And I was captivated

Never trusted a man
So fast so easily before
You were so easy to trust
Heavens sent me this match


Secure and dependable
Pure and honest

Like a breath of fresh air
In life's forest

Two soul mates
Finally met
On a late evening in march
when the evenings melt

We both knew that
This can't be stopped
No one on this earth

You couldn't have topped


Amazing ups and downs
We have traversed
The roads of life

We couldn't have rehearsed

Through life we have rowed
Each other we have vowed
Wouldn't have had it
Any other way

With you by my side
I can climb mountains
you can slay demons

And lead temptations astray


We've had our fights
And upsets
But none big enough
To cause a tear
or think of regrets


You live through me
I live through you
Both breathing in
Each others essence
bathing in luminescence


You've taught me patience
And value commitment
I've taught you spontaneity
to look at the big picture
And celebrate achievements

My luck sustains you

Your stability harbors me

My forgetfulness entertains you

Your practicalities protect me


We live and we die
And sustain the nest we built
Nothing that we do
Can ever create a rift


So many years
So much laugh
So many tears
And so much love
to go around with…………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Timeless Wonder