Traffic jam

Listen to the Raindrops
Falling on the car roof
Long winding roads
Against the lush green hills
Blissful road

Slivers of Rain Shine against
The lights atop
Farmhouses boundaries
Sitting in the still car

Green foliage embracing Walls
Music playing On my ipod
The game of Patience
Plays out

Punjabi pop
Blaring From a taxi
Call centre employees
Playing cards
Under dull grey skies

Still raining
Unrelenting wipers
Flooded roads
Tempers cooled
By ceaseless rain

Life plays out
In a traffic jam
Amitabh
Singing neela aasman
On the radio
The sky has
Gone to sleep

Inching thru
Excitement
Someone starts fighting
Happy motorists
Languid breeze

Horns blaring
Tempers start flaring
Lilting tones of
Ae khuda mujhko bata
Tu rehta kaha mujhko bata
Waft to me
I wonder...

Me, my, myself culture
And then people get out
And mingle
Six hours on the road
Life's playing out
In a traffic jam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Timeless Wonder