I care



“Who Cares?” he says
I do….
A lot……..

I care
when you are happy, sad or angry
when you are too busy
or when you are unwell
when you travel so much I fret about your health
I care

When I can’t see you or decide not to see you
For days on end
Sometimes happy sometimes sad for my own decisions
I care

When I see you and decide to ignore you
Or feel that you have ignored me
I feel bad


When our egos collide
my ego gets the better of me
Or your ego gets the better of you
When I won’t acknowledge your presence
Or you don’t mine
I still care... a lot

When I see you but can’t talk to you
Sitting at the same table
Chitchatting with others
About life, food, movies, your opinions
I care... a lot

When I hate you
Want to hit you
Scream at you
I still care...

When you get drunk
And squeeze my arm
When you pass me by
I am confused
I wait, for something more to go on...
But you don’t give me any more to go on with…..
And my courage fails me, to try again
Can’t risk rejection so many times
Now it is your turn to be clear on what you want and don’t want
I can’t take these decisions for you
Meanwhile...
I am left caring... alone...

When you give me the silent treatment
And go into hibernation
After every ‘encounter!’
Bruising my heart, hurting me, humiliating me
I care

When you talk about acquisitions and I talk about mergers
When you decide to ignore my mails
Or not thank me for the favors I do you
And I don’t thank you for the ones you have done me
You think I don’t but I do care... a lot

When you don’t wish me on my birthday
And make me miserable
And I want to do the same to you
I still care

When I curse you, want to make life hell for you
Shake you up, hit you
Make you pay for every bruise that you have given me
I am angry
But I do care... a lot

I am waiting, hoping that ‘this too shall pass’
Hoping that I stop caring
Hoping to get on with my life
Leaving you behind, just in memories
Which will not pain me so much after a time
Waiting... for time to pass
So that I stop caring
Meanwhile... I still care... a lot…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Timeless Wonder